Pages



Monday, July 25, 2016

Map of My Heart | Back to School Writing Activity

At the beginning of the year, I love to have my kids complete a Heart Map in their writing journal. 
A Heart Map is a map of their heart, where the kids draw in pictures of things that are near and dear to their hearts. Not only is this a great way to get to know your students, throughout the year students can refer back to their map for when they just have a "I don't know what to write about..." moment. They can pick something off of their Heart Map and go to town writing because everything on their map is meaningful! It's must easier to write about something you love, right? Students can share these with the class, groups, or partners to even help get to know each other.

This is always one of my favorite back to school activities!



You can download it for FREE
HERE. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment